Saturday Simple Celebrations: Banners

Saturday Simple Celebrations is a series where I share quick, easy, entertaining ideas to make everyday celebrations a little extra special.  See other simple celebration posts here.  What makes you feel extra special?  A small thought to show that someone cares? A surprise you weren’t expecting?  Do you want a simple idea to make anyone feel cared for and thought of on any occasion?

I recommend making a banner and surprising someone with it.  It screams “hey, I spent a little bit of time to show you that I care.”

DSC_0416

You could make a banner for someone’s birthday, anniversary, welcome home (even if it’s just in the evening when your spouse gets home from work), mother’s day breakfast, and on and on and on.  It doesn’t have to be an elaborate banner, it could just be a quick sign on the mirror, or post-it note in the car.

I made this banner for my husband’s birthday this year and hung it from two saw horses (his birthday present) in the garage.  I placed it in the garage facing outward so when he got home from work it was the first thing he saw.  Just a cool little surprise to show off his new toys.

DSC_0419

How can you make someone’s day better this weekend?  Do it with a banner! Or note! Or sign of any sort!  Have a great weekend!

Signature-2

7 Responses to Saturday Simple Celebrations: Banners

1. Kerrie October 17, 2015 at 8:59 am #

Cute! I like how the banner is also the gift wrapping.

Banners are also great in the background for pictures. It helps you remember what occassion it was!

• dailyhostess October 17, 2015 at 11:23 am #

Thanks! That’s so true, that definitely helps!

• Marcus October 17, 2015 at 12:26 pm #

I agree with Kerrie regarding the banner being the gift wrapping, specifically for a large or awkward shaped gift that wouldn’t be much fun to wrap!

• dailyhostess October 18, 2015 at 10:08 am #

Yes! Large and awkward gifts are so difficult to wrap, doing something like this makes it so much easier. I should have done this with your running boards years ago, those things were not fun to wrap!

2. Marcus October 17, 2015 at 12:24 pm #

Both the banner and the gift put a smile on my face! We often get into the same routine, pull in the driveway, open the garage door, trudge through the garage will my bags, and so on. It was nice to have a little something to add a spark to the normal routine and to see the new addition to my tool collection!

• dailyhostess October 18, 2015 at 10:07 am #

Glad you enjoyed it and that it brightened your day!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Saturday Simple Celebrations: Candlelit Dinners - The Daily Hostess - December 12, 2015

[…] ideas to make everyday celebrations a little extra special.  See other simple celebration posts here and […]