ORC-Week 2: Progress and Inspiration

orc
It’s Week 2 of the One Room Challenge and I feel like I’m still in the making plans stage.  I’m hoping to make a lot of headway over the weekend so hopefully next week’s update will be full of updates and progress.  Today I’ll be showing you some more of my inspiration and a few things I’ve picked up or sourced so far.

orccollage2The design is definitely leaning towards pink, teal, navy, with pops of gold.  It’s pretty feminine, so it’s a good thing I’m sharing this room with my daughter and my husband has his own office that’s much more masculine.  That flamingo print is just too cute, and the ABC print is the perfect color for the room.  You can find it on Etsy here.  I’m loving this gold desk lamp from Target.  The room doesn’t have any overhead lighting so a task lamp will definitely be needed on my work table.

ORC-Inspiration boardI picked up most of the things in this photo from Hobby Lobby and everything was on sale so that’s a plus.  The gold polka dot fabric at the top is going to be covering a bulletin board where I can pin up lots of other inspiring things.  The coral box was a hostess gift I received and it will be perfect for storage that’s also cute to display.  The gold polka dot paper is going to be the matte for the flamingo and ABC prints in the collage above, and they will be hung around the TV we plan to mount.  I think I’m mostly excited about the pillow cover I found.  It closely resembles my inspiration pillow, which you can see in Week 1 of the One Room Challenge, but I got it for less than $5 so I think I love it even more.

As far as the rest of the room goes, I think I have finally settled on the furniture placement, thanks to a smaller armoire I found on Craigslist.  If we are able to get that, then we will have all of the large pieces for the room and then can really start putting everything together.  There are a lot of things that need to be hung up, so my husband may be a little busy this weekend.  I also plan to diy a couple of things, like the bulletin board, and some craft storage, so I need to start completing those projects.

Thank goodness for a six week timeline to help get you in gear, I’m hoping to get this all done before then.  Next week, I’d love to show you some more photos of the room with some major progress, wish us luck to get some things done this weekend!  I’ve also linked up to the Thoughts on Home on Thursday link party hosted by Laura at Decor to Adore, you’ll find a ton of inspiration for your home there.

Be sure to check the blog tomorrow, I’m going to be putting you all up to a challenge, and I hope you can help.

Signature-2

14 Responses to ORC-Week 2: Progress and Inspiration

1. Kerrie April 14, 2016 at 9:52 am #

I love the color scheme. More importantly… I LOVE THE PATTERN ON THAT PILLOW COVER! I love it so much that I just internet-shouted.

I am so excited to see how everything turns out!

Random aside… When I was in Japan, I thought I would turn pink like a flamingo because I was eating shrimp burgers daily. I really miss shrimp burgers.

• dailyhostess April 14, 2016 at 12:39 pm #

I knew you’d like the watercolor-ness of that pillow!

2. Laura Ingalls Gunn April 14, 2016 at 8:19 pm #

Amy I adore the direction that your room is headed towards! You did SO much better than I did in my room this week.

I would love for you to share this post at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. I think our readers would really enjoy it!

Good luck in the upcoming week!

• dailyhostess April 15, 2016 at 6:47 am #

Thanks so much Laura! And thanks for the link up invite, I would love to link up! Good luck to you in your ORC room as well!

3. Stacey April 15, 2016 at 7:04 am #

Amy, I love the pieces you’ve pulled together so far! The fabric, the art print, and the gold lamp are perfect together.

Thank you so much for joining Thoughts of Home on Thursday. We are thrilled to have you and hope you’ll come back next week so we can follow your progress.

• dailyhostess April 15, 2016 at 7:07 am #

Thanks so much Stacey, this is such a fun link up, I’ll definitely be back!

4. Laura April 16, 2016 at 4:52 am #

Amy- your design plan is wonderful.
    I love the colors!
    Thank you for sharing this at Thoughts of Home on Thursday.
    I can’t wait to see what you do next week.

Laura
    White Spray Paint
    TOHOT

• dailyhostess April 16, 2016 at 9:02 am #

Thanks so much! Hopefully I can get a lot done this weekend!

5. Maggie @ Maggie Overby Studios April 17, 2016 at 3:34 am #

Beautiful colors, and I love the gold accents. Can’t wait to see where this goes!

• dailyhostess April 17, 2016 at 6:26 am #

Thanks, I’m definitely loving the color palette!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. TDH Facebook Challenge and a Freebie - The Daily Hostess - April 15, 2016

[…] facebook and tag away.  Enjoy your weekend too!  I’ll be working on lots of things for the One Room Challenge, and putting together your free party […]

2. ORC- Week 4: Craft Storage - The Daily Hostess - April 29, 2016

[…] now for the dimly lit photos.  This week’s One Room Challenge (click here to see Week 1, Week 2, and Week 3) is all about what I expect to be the workhorse of my shared office and playroom, my […]

3. ORC-Week 5: Shelf Styling - The Daily Hostess - May 5, 2016

[…] I can push through to the finish.  If you’ve missed any of the previous weeks, see Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, and Week 4 by clicking on the links.  This week I wanted to show you the progress […]

4. ORC-Week 6: The Final Reveal - The Daily Hostess - May 12, 2016

[…] the room started and how it’s progressed over the course of six weeks click here for Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4, and Week 5.  Now onto the reveal and what you’ve all been waiting […]