One Room Challenge Week 3, already, geez! I guess I’m confident enough to say that we made a little progress this week in my shared office and playroom, but I’m feeling like things really need to get into over drive in order to be done on time. I do love that Linda at Calling It Home posted in the guest participant rules that even if you end up with a room that’s not done but at least started then you’ve succeeded. There’s no pressure except my own to get this all completed.
Thanks to my husband we were able to get the TV mounted. I’m so grateful that our new house already has outlets on the walls where TVs are to be mounted. No more trying to hide cords hanging down from the TV, and thankfully all the places they put outlets make sense for where a TV should go. I’ve also gotten a couple diy projects done or almost done.
Here’s my completed fabric covered bulletin board. I used this tutorial from The Happy Housie to figure out how to cover it without taking it out of the frame. It’s not perfect, but I can deal with a few errant strings and extra hot glue in places, so don’t judge on the close up pictures.
First, I used some metallic craft paint to cover the generic pine frame. I used a small foam brush and put on about two coats. I’m pleased with how metallic it actually looks when the light hits it just right.
Next, I cut my fabric to the exact size of the cork board. Then I used Elmer’s spray adhesive on the cork part and on my fabric to adhere them together. Be sure to place your fabric right up against the bulletin board frame.
I was also able to get some of the art printed out and framed, however, I think I’m going to be spray painting the frames before all is said and done. Now that I’ve used gold on the bulletin board frame, I may not use the same color on the art frames. Decisions, decisions.
I used some gold glitter polka dot scrapbook paper as a matte and purchased the ABC, along with a 123 print from Etsy here. I was very impressed of the quality for the price. Again, I’m probably going to be spraying the frames. Since these will be going around the TV I think the black frames might be too much black next to the black TV.
I still have a ton of things to do to get this room done, and plan on accomplishing more this weekend. I finally decided on a craft storage piece. I just kept trolling Craigslist to find one that I think will fit the space. I found a great piece, but waited too long and it was sold before I contacted the seller. Now, I’ve found one that may work even better. The dimensions are a little bigger, but it has a fold out table that will be great when crafting, wrapping gifts, or if I just need to spread out a bit.
I’m planning on getting the storage piece this weekend, then I need to turn my attention to the pegboard, see it in my plans during Week 1, and I desperately need some extra lighting in the space. Now that we’re halfway done, I need to get my behind in gear and start crossing things off of my to do list! Be sure to follow along with all of the featured designers of the One Room Challenge, and all of the guest participants as well.